Sunday, January 12, 2020

Hidden Bricks: Urban Barnhouse


The best way to describe our trip to find out what is going on in the Urban Barnhouse at 1333 Washington St of Hidden Bricks would be a Hit and a Miss.  We were in and out in five minutes.

About the Barnhouse, from the Hidden family history file at the Historical Museum:


The building looks innocuous enough from the outside.


We started our journey into this area, obviously signed as an entrance. This part of the Barnhouse seems to be toiletries, bath and body items, gift type items. The Hidden bricks are completely exposed inside.


I should have been very excited to be able to be up close to the bricks, and Dave and I were the only customers in the store. Instead I felt nauseous, confused, and claustrophobic. I took photos inside anyway, and struck up a conversation with the employees there, as it became obvious I wasn't there to buy a candle or some CBD.


I introduced myself and explained I'd never been in before, but we just came from lunch at Hidden House around the corner and came to check out the building. They were very cordial and welcoming and were excited to hear about our awesome lunch. I thanked them for their time and Dave and I could not get out of that building fast enough.


Technically we were only in the smaller half of the building. We didn't set foot inside the larger part with the home goods and neither of us had any desire to be back inside the building at that point.

We mutually decided to take a break from creepy bricks for a few and headed into a nearby vintage store which ended up being an interesting Synchronicity in action.

No comments:

Post a Comment